Thread: My Ubuntu stopped connecting to wi-fi out of nowhere, but wi-fi works on windows

Beans

Unhappy My Ubuntu stopped connecting to wi-fi out of nowhere, but wi-fi works on windows

Hello! I've been using ubuntu for a little less than a year and everything was ok until out of nowhere I turn my pc on in the morning and ubuntu doesn´t connect to my wi-fi, I also tried to connect to my phone's hotspot and it also didn't work. This is what shows up when I run the lshw -C network command (excuse the quality):

https://i.stack.imgur.com/pzwt2.jpg

For context, I am using a dual boot with windows and the connection on windows is just fine and my ubuntu version is 22.04, I tried to fix this with following this tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7lZV_xvTU) but it didn't work, can anyone please help me? Thank you in advance.

Edit: I solved the problem by inserting my USB that had the ubuntu downloading software burned into it and choose try ubuntu and it connected to wi-fi, when i disconnected the USB and went back to my actual ubuntu on my pc it was connecting lol
    Last edited by joananoites; November 2nd, 2023 at 04:05 AM. Reason: solved

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: My Ubuntu stopped connecting to wi-fi out of nowhere, but wi-fi works on windows

Any results from terminal for
    Code:
    sudo dmesg|grep mt7921

Beans

Re: My Ubuntu stopped connecting to wi-fi out of nowhere, but wi-fi works on windows

i solved it but tysm for answering

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Did Windows hybrid shutdown/fast startup cause it?